Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fisher of Men

"And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men" (Mark 1:17)   Fishing is an interesting, peaceful, even joyous sport. If this age-old summer pastime is capable of bringing such joy to fishermen, imagine the joy that would come to someone who catches men and brings them to Christ! 
"And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" D&C 18:15-16).
Simon Peter had quite a day----
one hundred and fifty-three fish! After they had eaten, the resurrected Lord looked at the remainder of Peter's catch and asked, "Lovest thou me more than these?" (John 21:15).
Peter left his nets, and became a "fisher of men."  Yesterday with love for the Lord and faith in his promises, Robert left his nets and became a fisher of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment