Monday, May 19, 2014

Madison is Awesome

Hey how's it going?
 
This week has been a great one. I am truly feeling the love of my Savior for the people here in Madison, including myself and my companion. I am so excited to help the members here pump up their energy about missionary work. Yesterday I had to introduce myself more than members came up to me but I will help them work on that. I am excited for the work here. We had 2 solid lessons last night and another one earlier this week. We were also able to get in contact with some more people that are pretty prepared and I am excited to start working with them and the spark it is going to bring to this ward. Yesterday we were able to meet this guy Charles and he is so awesome he basically told us that he was just talking to his friends the night before that he wondered if he wasn't here in America would he know about Jesus Christ. And he thinks that the Book of Mormon is what he is looking for. We also had an interesting lesson with a guy who is going through an interesting situation, he has some mental problems and he wants to conquer them and we told him that Jesus Christ is what can help him conquer them. I hope that I am able to do the Lords will in helping them come closed to Jesus Christ. We are praying for miracles and I know that as we work hard, be obedient, and share the love that Christ has for others He will make them happen. I am excited for the opportunity this week for Zone Conference. To be able to learn from President Cutler, the Assistants, and our Zone Leaders. I am hoping for a good week again this week, and I hope you have a good one too. 
 
Love you all, 
Elder Robert Pike
Martin Luther King Jr, statue

Capital building. Yay Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment