Monday, June 2, 2014

Another transfer really?

Dear All,
 
WOW, I can't believe that it has been another transfer and new one begins Wednesday. Well I get to stay here in Madison for at least another 6 weeks, but my companion is leaving and I am getting Elder Martell. Plus it is amazing that 3 out of the 6 missionaries in our district are getting transferred Wednesday​. It is weird to think that the months keep getting bigger and bigger each month and soon I'll hit 24. I can't believe that I am saying that I am scared for how fast the next 9 1/2 months are going to go. The past few months have been a blur. So in the ward I am in they have 4 sets of missionaries and what is cool I served with one, Elder Crisanto and it is weird to think that I served with him a little over 7 1/2 months ago. I am so excited for this next transfer a new companion and not being to familiar with the area but we are going to go to town on the work and we are going to see success. I am enjoying my self but I am starting to come to a greater knowledge of the gospel and of the truths of Christ and His Atonement. I love the Book of Mormon and I am so grateful for the time I get in the morning to study it and the teaching of living prophets. I can't believe the understanding that I have of the gospel and I know that now I am 100% sure that this is the true gospel, that Jesus is truly our Savior and Redeemer, that God is our Father and he truly love each of us. And I am so stoked for the opportunity to share the feelings that I have about this gospel with others. I have been reading in the Book of Mormon for the 3rd time on my mission and I am in 2 Nephi and I have asked every time that I sit and read if it is true and every time that I ask I get a strong feeling that it is true and to me I know that anybody can receive and answer just like President Packer said "Far from thinking I was someone special, I thought that if such a thing came to me, that it could come to anyone. I still believe that." I am in totally in agree with President Packer that anyone could receive their answer and all they have to do is ask.  Hope you all have a good week.
 
Love you all,
Elder Robert Pike
 
District Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment