Monday, October 6, 2014

Transfers.​.. I'm not leaving? you want me to train?

Hey all,


As I arrived to the library today I got this email;

"Elder Pike,

I have felt impressed to call you to train a new missionary. Your example of representing Jesus Christ in your area will have a profound effect upon your companion. Please know how much Heavenly Father loves you and will help you fulfill this important assignment.

As a trainer your responsibilities are to: 1) set an example of faith and obedience, 2) proselyte effectively and baptize consistently, 3) train your companion in all aspects of the work and look after his welfare, and 4) lead your companion through the In-Field Training for New Missionaries program during the first 12 weeks of his mission.

Thank you for helping your new companion feel God’s love and gain confidence that he can serve effectively as a missionary. Please show by your example the importance of obedience and help your companion learn to serve as an outstanding missionary because he loves the Lord. May you seek and receive inspiration from the Holy Ghost to guide you as you serve in this important calling.

Love,

President Cutler"


This came as a great surprise to me so I hope I am up for the challenge for training and I know that the Lord qualifies whom he calls.

So I am stoked for this transfer I love this ward now after conference and to opportunity to apply what was taught. I am so stoked to see the blessings that will come as my companion and I will work hard with the ward to bring forth blessings and miracles. Conference really hit home. I am so stoked for the next 6 months I have left, I will miss my mission but I know of a surety that their is a prophet on the earth today and his name is Thomas S Monson, I know that his councilors Henry B Eyring and Dieter F Uchtdorf are also called of God and inspired men, I know that the members of the Twelve Apostles are prophets, seers, and revelators. I truly know that they have a very special witeness of Jesus Christ and I know we can receive a similar one as we read the scriptures and pray to our Heavenly Father. He will answer. These things I know because I have done so and I encourage you to do also.

I hope that all of you were able to watch conference and to gain from it, and if you didn't I suggest that you take some time to watch and listen to the prophetic call of the men and women who spoke. I love you all and have a great day and week.

Love,

Elder Robert Pike

No comments:

Post a Comment